Saturday 30 January 2016

I have accepted an invitation today, having been selected as a Maderia UK sponsored student to display my work at the Fashion& Embroidery show Birmingham NEC in March 2016.http://www.fashionembroidery.co.uk/birmingham/
My work in relation to mental health patient Mary Francis Heaton is beginning to expand, having had a meeting two weeks ago at the Wakefield Mental Health Museum. I have been invited to display my work along side Mary's embroidered pieces. My final degree work and dissertation are homage to her life spent within the West Riding Asylum.
 This is a great compliment,as I have grown to admire Mary through out my research. Buy building a up picture of her life and psychological state of mind,I created a body of work I hoped would portray her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment